18 July 2015, 06:14
Fixing a friend’s computer the other day I came across this unusual error that Googling wouldn’t reveal an answer for:
The solution is as follows:
- Open a Terminal window — you’ll find it in the Utilities folder within the Applications list.
- Type sudo, then space, and drag the AdobePatchInstaller file to the Terminal window.
- Hit Backspace to delete the space after the path you’ve just automatically inserted, and then type Contents/MacOS/AdobePatchInstaller ––mode=silent — note that’s two dashes before mode
- You should now have something that looks like the following:
sudo /Volumes/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2014/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CC\ 2014/AdobePatchInstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/AdobePatchInstaller --mode=silent
- Hit Enter, type your Mac’s login password when prompted, and wait until the command to complete. You’ll see End Adobe Setup. Exit code: 0
Intesting fix for PS CC. Same error happens when trying to update from LR 6 to LR 6.1.1 perpetual licence. Would you know the answer to that?
Lightroom CC/6 update – July 2015
Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28
— Joe Campana · Oct 7, 11:39 AM · #
Works for CC 2015, too!
— Jose · Nov 15, 06:00 AM · #
Hi. Thanks for the info. It works for the latest update for CC2015
— Matthew · Nov 25, 12:10 AM · #
This prompt works but I end up getting this message:
Error : The base product is not installed.
Exit Code: 28
— Derek · Dec 1, 09:07 PM · #
Hi There, Where is the file AdobePatchInstaller.app?
— Alejandro · Jan 25, 12:27 PM · #
Worked perfectly. Thanks!
— Mike · Jan 28, 07:07 AM · #
It works!, Thank you for your tutorial..
— Dei · Mar 11, 04:15 AM · #
Not working for me I still get the same Update Failed window. Any clues?
— Pepito · May 12, 01:51 AM · #
Excellent! That did the trick! That and the Flash installer not working because of a similar Permissions issue was annoying me. Finally found a link to an offline installer for Flash on their site which fixed that.
— Martin Andersen · Aug 24, 01:14 AM · #
didn’t work for me
— iklash · Mar 1, 09:02 PM · #
You are a life saver! Got new camera, tried to open RAW files in Lightroom – not supported… Update wouldnt work.. keep getting the error. That fixed my issue! thanks!
— itsphos · Apr 9, 01:34 AM · #
#3 needs a slash in front:
but still..it does not work for me.
— xD · Apr 25, 01:06 PM · #