Update: Sadly, this offer has now ended. However, you might want to checkout our other posts:
The original post is below.
If you’re like me you’ve probably only ever painted a wall, and done a bad job even then, but some people create fantastic artworks on their computers. And if you fancy a try then I thoroughly recommend My PaintBrush Pro, which is currently free for a limited time at the Mac App Store. Normally it costs $5.99.
Some screenshots are below but here’s a list of its not-inconsiderable range of features:
— More than 100 types of High-quality Natural Brushes:
• Brush: 25 types
• Pencil : 6 types
• Pen : 16 types
• Airbrush : 11 types
• Decoration : 25 types
• Blur : 19 types
• eraser: 4 types
— Adjustable Parameter of Brushes
— Build up and manage multiple layers:
• Merge or combine layers.
• Set the alpha value of individual layer.
• Customize the layer to be visible or not.
• Freely Change the order of layers.
• Delete unwanted layers.
— Operations on each layer
• Customized times undo/redo.
• Flip horizontally and vertically.
• Move selected zone.
— Familiar preset tools
• Erasers, Fill tools, Colorpicker, Zoom In.
• Straight lines, Curves, Rectangles, Rounded-rectangles, Ellipses.
• Text: customize font, size, color of text.
• Palette: set the foreground and background color for tools.
— Export to:
• PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, GIF
• MPB (contains layers information)