Tricks, hints, hacks and fixes for Apple Macs, iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, and maybe even the Apple TV. The site was created in early 2013 to fill the gap left by the late, lamented but often very useful OS X Hints site, and also as a partner for the books of the same name.
To get onto this site things written about here have to:
1. Be non-obvious, perhaps making use of features that are hidden, obfuscated, secret, experimental etc;
2. Make the most of OS X's built-in tools although occasional recommendations of apps might be made to fill a deficiency in the OS X or iOS feature set.
This blog is updated almost regularly by Keir Thomas, an award-winning MacWorld UK author who has, over a 20 year career:
- Written a handful of computing books (one of which has been read by over one million people worldwide)
- Edited several national computer magazines in his native UK (and contributed to countless others)
- Blogged professionally for various IDG sites, including the aforementioned MacWorld (US and UK), Cult of Mac, OS X Daily, and PC World (US)
- He's also written a novel and created a diet plan for geeks, and satirises Apple too.