Tricks, hacks, fixes, news and rumours for and about Apple Macs, iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, and the Apple TV. Mac Kung Fu was created in early 2013 and has grown since then to become a daily destination for Apple lovers and one of the top Apple tips sites, serving thousands of unique visitors each day.
We make this promise to our readers: to get onto this site things written about here have to:
- Be non-obvious, perhaps making use of features that are hidden, obfuscated, secret, experimental, or simply not very well known;
- 2. Make the most of OS X's built-in tools although recommendations of apps are made to fill a deficiency in the OS X or iOS feature set.
Unlike other Apple blogs we also promise not to repeat stuff you've already read elsewhere.
We also promise to provide a [Via] or hat tip [H/T] link to fellow bloggers or news services if we learned about a story or tip from them. We consider this fundamental to a fair and reasonable system of blogging and journalism.
About the author and editor
- Written a handful of computing books (one of which has been read by over one million people worldwide)
- Edited several national computer magazines in his native UK (and contributed to countless others)
- Blogged professionally for various IDG sites, including the aforementioned MacWorld (US and UK), Cult of Mac, OS X Daily, and PC World (US)
- He's also written a novel, created a diet plan for geeks, writes for a website that satirises Apple, and is webmaster of his wife's writing resources site Comps and Calls
His Apple hardware setup: <boastmode>MacBook Pro 15in (2015; i7 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB storage) – to serve as an everyday machine until the end of time, or thereabouts; iPad Air 2 64GB; iPhone 6 Plus 64GB; Apple Watch Sport (orange strap, because he likes orange); very old first-gen Time Capsule that he got off eBay and repaired/expanded; Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard.</boastmode> Macs he's owned but no longer does: MacBook Pro 13in (2009), white MacBook (containing the first Intel processor after the switch), white iMac (2007), iBook G4.
"Interesting" things about Keir: He loves cats, is a vegan, likes coffee, and is a compulsive fan of Bargain Hunt.
Get in touchDrop us a line – email@example.com!
PR people: We love to hear about relevant new products but if you start sending press releases to this address without express prior permission they'll be treated as spam. Drop us a line first to talk about it.