Mac Kung Fu was created in early 2013 by MacWorld author Keir Thomas and has grown since then to become a daily destination for Apple lovers and one of the top Apple tips sites, serving thousands of unique visitors each day.
We make this promise to our readers: to get onto this site things written about here have to:
- Be non-obvious, perhaps making use of features that are hidden, obfuscated, secret, experimental, or simply not very well known;
- 2. Make the most of OS X's built-in tools although recommendations of apps are made to fill a deficiency in the OS X or iOS feature set.
Unlike other Apple blogs we also promise not to repeat stuff you've already read elsewhere.
We also promise to provide a [Via] or hat tip [H/T] link to fellow bloggers or news services if we learned about a story or tip from them. We consider this fundamental to a fair and reasonable system of blogging and journalism.
About the author and editor
- Written a handful of computing books (one of which has been read by over one million people worldwide)
- Edited several national computer magazines in his native UK (and contributed to countless others)
- Blogged professionally for various IDG sites, including the aforementioned MacWorld (US and UK), Cult of Mac, OS X Daily, and PC World (US)
- He's also written a novel, created a diet plan for geeks, writes for a website that satirises Apple, and is webmaster of his wife's writing resources site Comps and Calls
His Apple hardware setup: <boastmode>MacBook Pro 15in (2015; i7 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB storage) – to serve as an everyday machine until the end of time, or thereabouts; iPad Air 2 64GB; iPhone 6 Plus 64GB; Apple Watch Sport (orange strap, because he likes orange); very old first-gen Time Capsule that he got off eBay and repaired/expanded; Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard.</boastmode> Macs he's owned but no longer does: MacBook Pro 13in (2009), white MacBook (containing the first Intel processor after the switch), white iMac (2007), iBook G4.
"Interesting" things about Keir: He loves cats, is a vegan, likes coffee, and is a compulsive fan of Bargain Hunt.
Get in touchDrop us a line – firstname.lastname@example.org!
PR people: We love to hear about relevant new products but if you start sending press releases to this address without express prior permission they'll be treated as spam. Drop us a line first to talk about it.