Microsoft’s much-talked-about Word Flow keyboard is now out of testing phase and available via the App Store for anybody to download. It’s free. Note that it’s only presently available in the US App Store, and not those of other countries.
Once installed you’ll need to open the Settings app, tap the General > Keyboard > Keyboards headings, tap Add New Keyboard, and then select the new keyboard from the list. To switch to it when typing, hit the globe icon to the left of the spacebar. If you have more than one keyboard installed, such as Emoji, you might then need to tap the icon again, or tap the ABC icon. iOS should remember your choice of keyboard when you type in future.
Says Microsoft about the new keyboard:
Word Flow for iPhone, a Microsoft Garage project, is a blazing fast keyboard that comes with free customization options and includes Arc mode for easy, ergonomic one-handed typing.
* Whether you’re tapping or swiping, Word Flow predicts what you’re trying to type and corrects mistakes.
* Word Flow intelligently suggests the next word in your sentence, and gets better at it over time.
* With access to your Contacts, Word Flow predicts the names of your contacts so you can go even faster.
Personalized – just how you like it
* You can customize Word Flow background using one of the images included in the app, or use your own favorite image.
* All the images included with the app are free and we’ll keep adding new ones.
Best for one-handed typing: Switch to Arc mode and easily reach keys on larger screens for a more ergonomic one-handed typing experience.
Note that apparently the only language supported on the keyboard right now is US English.