24 August 2016, 06:56
Some people say to me, “What do you do in the long Summer months when you can’t think up a decent tip for Mac Kung Fu?” And I say…
Here’s how to get the classic MacOS wallpaper tiles. I’m not sure which version of MacOS these are from (7? 9?) but they’re a lot of fun, even if they are a little like a cheese grater on the eyes. On a Retina screen they still look very good.
- Head over here and download the archive file offered. Unarchive it on your Mac.
- And then head over here and download ClippingSticker.
- Open ClippingSticker by right-clicking it and selecting Open, then Open from the dialog box that appears.
- Set ClippingSticker to GIF or PNG (up to you), then drag all the wallpaper images on top of it.
- The tile wallpaper images will now be converted to image files. Just open System Preferences, click Desktop & Screensaver, then drag the one you like on top of the screen preview and select Tile from the dropdown list alongside.
Leave a comment...
The link to download the tiles’ archive si no longer working… does anybody know where can I get it?
— Victor Bottacco · Sep 21, 04:57 AM · #
They’re from 7.5, and first only on the Performas (sold to consumers at stores like Sears).
— Paul McGrane · Sep 21, 09:46 PM · #