For reasons unknown the only way Apple lets you access all of the system settings is to unlock your phone, open the Settings app, and navigate to each individually.
Luckily, there’s an app – free for a limited time (Dec 2016) – that brings a choice of the most popular tools within the Settings app to the Today section of the swipe-down notification center on the iPhone or iPad. If nothing else, this means you can add a button for quick access to Wi-Fi settings, for example, so you can switch from one network to another in seconds.
The app required is called Magic Launcher Pro and usually it’s $2.99 but is free right now (Dec 2016). In addition to quick access to popular options in the Settings app, the app also lets you configure your choice of apps for quick launching. However, here we’re going to focus on settings.
- Install the app, and then open it. Tap the pencil icon at the top right when the app has launched.
- Tap the Edit Quick Settings button.
- At the top of the list that appears are the existing settings options that Magic Launcher Pro shows, and beneath in the second list under the Do Not Include are all the others. You can drag any in or out of the main listing by dragging the three-bars icon at the right of each entry. Once you’re happy with the select, tap the Back button.
- Click the Home button, and then drag down the notification center. Scroll to the bottom and tap the circular Edit button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Add Widgets listing and tap the green plus icon next to the Magic Launcher 1 entry.
- This will add it to the main list of widgets at the top of the screen, and you can again drag the three bars icon at the right to reposition it nearer the top of the list so it’ll appear at the top of the actual notification center when it’s viewed each time.
Your new settings bar will now appear in the notification center, and tapping any icon will take you straight to that section within the Settings app.